Seacliff Recreation Centre would like to wish you all a happy new year! What will 2019 bring? Have you thought about encouraging your child to become more active? Have they been spending too much time on that new Christmas gift – stuck in front of the xbox, playstation, nintendo?
Did you know about all our different youth activities at the centre? We have got many different activities from baby to adult. You can view the different age appropriate options by clicking on our Groups by Age page. There really is something for everyone at Seacliff Recreation Centre.
Or you can go straight to each of the groups pages to read more about what they can offer, you may even find you can attend some of the activities with a first free trial to see if your child would like to give it a go. Click on the buttons below to view more and get active today!
There are so many benefits to becoming more active. We have found some great resources to read on this subject –
Health direct – Benefits of physical activity for children
Raising Children – Physical activity – getting children involved
Healthy kids – Why is physical activity so important in early childhood?
The benefits of being active for young children include:
- promoting healthy growth and development
- helping to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- building strong bones and muscles
- improving cardiovascular fitness
- improving balance, coordination and strength
- maintaining and developing flexibility
- improving posture
- assisting with the development of gross motor and fine motor skills
- providing the opportunity to develop fundamental movement skills
- helping to establish connections between different parts of the brain
- improving concentration and thinking skills
- improving confidence and self-esteem
- relieving stress and promoting relaxation
- providing opportunities to develop social skills and make friends
- improving sleep.