No one wants to be outside in the rain for their child’s sport this winter!
We have so many different groups at the Seacliff Recreation Centre, there really is something for everyone –
Calisthenics from ages 3 – 18 +, Gymnastics from 5 years up to adults, Kindergym from ages 0 – 5 years old, Judo from ages 5 until adult, Ju-Jitsu from 8 years old up to adult.
Imagine being in the warm this winter watching your child enjoy their new sporting activity? Away from the wind and the rain and the cold. Is that music to your ears?
We are busy getting ready for Term 3 which commences on 22nd July and with so many different activities on offer, you would be mad not to check us out!
If you would like to come along and try a session, most groups offer free or introductory lessons – you can get in touch with each group to find out more and book for your free lesson by visiting the page links below.
You can view the different age appropriate options by clicking on our Groups by Age page. There really is something for everyone at Seacliff Recreation Centre.
Or you can go straight to each of the groups pages to read more about what they can offer. Click on the buttons below to view more and get active in the warm today!
There are so many benefits to becoming more active. We have found some great resources to read on this subject –
Health direct – Benefits of physical activity for children
Raising Children – Physical activity – getting children involved
Healthy kids – Why is physical activity so important in early childhood?
The benefits of being active for young children include:
- promoting healthy growth and development
- helping to achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- building strong bones and muscles
- improving cardiovascular fitness
- improving balance, coordination and strength
- maintaining and developing flexibility
- improving posture
- assisting with the development of gross motor and fine motor skills
- providing the opportunity to develop fundamental movement skills
- helping to establish connections between different parts of the brain
- improving concentration and thinking skills
- improving confidence and self-esteem
- relieving stress and promoting relaxation
- providing opportunities to develop social skills and make friends
- improving sleep.