Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated
Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated supports the responsible consumption of alcohol and takes seriously any inappropriate behaviour that results from excessive drinking.
AIcohol-free social events will be provided for young people and families.
We will not endorse or support events, celebrations or end of season trips that involve excessive consumption of alcohol.
The Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated building is leased by City of Holdfast Bay Council and has no liquor licence. If liquor is to be served, either supplied or sold, approval in writing must be obtained from City of Holdfast Bay Council.
What we will do
- Excessive or rapid consumption of alcohol will be discouraged.
- A person aged under 18 will not be permitted to drink alcohol at the Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated under any circumstances.
- A committee member or section member will be present at events where alcohol is served.
- Alcohol will not be served to any person who is intoxicated. Signs of intoxication include slurred speech, impaired balance, poor coordination, reduced inhibition, aggressive, belligerent and disrespectful behaviour.
- Intoxicated patrons will be asked to leave. Safe travel options will be suggested.
- People aged under 18 will not knowingly be served alcohol.
- Staff will request proof of age, where appropriate, and only photo ID will be accepted.
- Club members will encourage intoxicated patrons to take safe transport home.
Food and other drinks
- A range of snacks and meals will be available when alcohol is served.
- The club will provide a selection of low-alcohol and alcohol-free drinks, such as fruit juice and soft drink at social functions. Free jugs of water will also be available.
- Tea and coffee will be provided during social functions.
Promoting the responsible use of alcohol
- We will not advertise, promote or serve alcohol at junior events or activities.
- We will educate members and supporters about our alcohol policy through our website and other club communication.
What we ask you to do
All members, coaches, volunteers and committee persons are required to comply with the following.
- Drink and behave responsibly at all club functions, events and away trips.
- Do not supply alcohol to team members if they are aged under 18.
- Do not drink alcohol at the club, club functions or while away on trips if you are aged under 18.
- Do not bring alcohol or drink alcohol while at competitions (e.g. as a spectator, in your role as a coach, as an official or as a volunteer).
- Do not encourage others to drink alcohol excessively.
- Do not encourage or take part in team bonding activities that involve alcohol.
- Do not spike another person’s drink.
The Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated Board of Management and Member Group committees will take action for breaches of behaviour and responsibilities outlined in this policy.
- If members or sporting personnel become drunk at the club or other social events they will be asked to leave. Ongoing instances of intoxication will be in breach of our Code of Behaviour and will result in disciplinary action.
- Spiking of drinks is a criminal offence that can be reported to police by victims. It can lead to serious police charges being laid against the offender/s. Separate action can be taken as a breach of our state sporting organisation’s policy to provide for the protection, safety and welfare of members.
- Serving alcohol to a minor is a criminal offence that can be reported to the police and the relevant liquor licensing authority by victims and their parents. It can lead to heavy fines. Separate action can be taken as a breach of our state sporting organisation’s policy to provide for the protection, safety and welfare of
- Any person aged under 18 found to have consumed alcohol while at a club function or on a trip in the care of the club (e.g. while attending a competition) may be suspended for the remainder of the competition. The young person’s parents shall be advised and will be responsible for getting their son/daughter home at their own
- Any member or sporting personnel found to have behaved inappropriately because of over-consumption of alcohol (e.g. sexual harassment, verbal abuse, physical assault, neglect of a child) may face disciplinary action.
Approved by Board of Management of Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated August 2014
Revised May 2017, May 2020