Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated
Codes of Conduct Policy
- treat everyone with dignity, respect, sensitivity and honesty; (includes all staff, volunteers, students, children, young people, participants, visitors, parents and guardians);
- be a positive role model to children and young people in all your conduct with them;
- respect the rights and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background, race or religion;
- set clear boundaries about appropriate behaviour between yourself and the children and young people in your organisation – boundaries help everyone to understand their roles;
- ensure that any physical contact with a child or young person is transparent, appropriate and necessary for the athlete’s skill development;
- listening and responding appropriately to the views and concerns of children and young people;
- adhere to the Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated Child Safe Policy at all times and taking all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and protection of children and young people;
- being alert to children and young people who are, or may be at risk of harm, and reporting this quickly to the Child Abuse Report Line (13 14 78);
- responding quickly, fairly and transparently to any serious complaints made by a child, young person or their parent/guardian;
- encouraging children and young people to ‘have a say’ on issues that are important to them.
- engage in any rough physical games;
- develop any “special” relationships with children and young people that could be seen as favouritism such as the offering of gifts or special treatment;
- do things of a personal nature that a child or young person can do for themselves, such as toileting or changing clothes;
- discriminate against any child or young person because of age, gender, cultural background, religion, vulnerability or sexuality.
BREACHES OF THIS POLICY
Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated may take disciplinary action against anyone found to have breached our policy or made false and malicious allegations. Any disciplinary measure imposed under our policy must:
- be applied consistent with any contractual and employment rules and requirements;
- be fair and reasonable;
- be based on the evidence and information presented and the seriousness of the breach; and
- be determined by our constituent documents and by Laws.
Approved by Board of Management of Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated October 2010
Revised August 2014, March 2017, June 2020, September 2021, November 2021