Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated welcomes all members of the community, regardless of their abilities and encourages all members and volunteers to support inclusive and promotes a welcoming environment for everyone. We will welcome people with varying abilities and backgrounds to our club in both playing and non-playing roles to the greatest extent that we can.
We will endeavor to make Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated as accessible as possible, based on our state sports policy on inclusion, the ability of individuals involved in our club, the type and level of competition they want to join and our capacity to make modifications that promote inclusion.
What we will do
- Recognise that each individual is unique and has their own interests and skills
- Put people first, focus on what they can do and find out how they want to participate.
- Ask each individual – and their parents if the participant is a child – for their advice about what modifications would help them to participate.
- Where possible, make adjustments to our coaching, equipment, rules or playing environment and modifications to Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated premises.
- Be honest and explain if certain modifications or adjustments are not currently possible.
- Communicate with people and share Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated information in appropriate ways and formats.
- Create an environment that supports, reflects and promotes equitable and inclusive behaviors and practices
- Create a sense of belonging for all where diverse identities, backgrounds, abilities and interests are respected and valued and also given opportunities to be expressed, developed and recognised for their contribution and achievements
- Have strong policies to ensure that people can play sport and participate in Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated without discrimination, harassment or bullying
- Provide information about other options for participation outside Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated; for example, letting people know about sports that are primarily or only for people with similar abilities, or clubs where major modifications have been made to increase opportunities for participation
What we ask you to do
- tell us what we can do to help include you in Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated
- understand that we will do our best to make any necessary adjustments or modifications
- talk to us if you have any concerns or ideas to help us make Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated more inclusive
Approved by Board of Management of Seacliff Community Recreation Association Incorporated July 2015
Revised March 2018